The global transformation of the Gardening market, coupled with an unprecedented situation that has deeply changed the daily lives of European consumers to seek the benefit of gardening and home activities, leads SBM to reposition its marketing strategy. The group aims to reinvent the consumer experience through a differentiating, engaging and more emotional approach, without compromising on the quality and effectiveness of products and solutions.
This new European strategy finds its roots in the key expectations of consumers, articulated around 4 focused universes:
- Nourish: cultivate your natural nourishing garden
- Beautify: a nice flourishing green space to enjoy
- Maintain: a clean and neat area to rest
- Defend: protect against pests
To bring this new approach to life, SBM Life Science is restructuring the European Marketing Department with the creation of 4 Marketing Centres of Excellence, two in France, one in Germany and one in the United Kingdom. This re-organization will position SBM as close as possible to consumers and markets, enabling the group to benefit from the strong expertise of these countries and thus share consistent good practice at a European level.
In this context, SBM Life Science announces major appointments in its European Marketing teams:
- Laurent Davier is appointed Head of Marketing for the Europe Region from July 1st. Laurent has over 20 years’ experience in the Home & Garden industry and is an experienced leader in Marketing and In Store Consumer Offer, with many diverse roles held at Botanic, the pioneering Garden Retailer in France. Laurent brings a solid sourcing, in-store sales, and marketing expertise. He has also demonstrated great ability to manage large teams, to define and implement innovative strategies always with consumers’ needs in mind.
- Almut Niederfeld was appointed Head of Marketing DACH (Deutschland /Austria /Switzerland) and Head of Centre of Excellence Beautify. Almut held various Marketing Manager positions in different businesses for 25 years. She is an experienced leader with a deep knowledge of the garden market. Before joining SBM in March 2020 Almut worked for 3 years for Westland Germany.
- James Ramnought has joined as Head of Marketing for North West Europe (United Kingdom / Benelux) and Head of Centre of Excellence Maintain. James joins with a strong background in sales and marketing positions for global organisations, most recently from the Garden tools division of Bosch with a focus on the consumer experience of products.
- Joël Derrien was appointed Marketing Manager for France and Head of Centre of Excellence Nourish & Defend. Joël is a passionate about gardening and has over 25 years of experience in Marketing Manager positions, for FMCG companies such as Danone, Campbell, McCormick, Mondelez and Saint Mamet during the last 8 years.
“We are delighted to welcome Laurent to the SBM Life Science European Leadership Team, whose contribution will be key to our development in Europe. He brings us his deep understanding of our market, together with a great customer orientation, allowing us to go even further in our consumer approach. Surrounded by Almut, James and Joël, whose complementary skills and expertise are a major asset for the company, the marketing team will be able to spread our brands and offer solutions adapted to the changing needs of our customers. » announces Matthieu Schmidt, Head of Europe Region.